......................You still need stars when you're wishin' at night..................
...............................A best friend to set you right,..............................
.................................a
good laugh, a warm bath,......................
..........................And a beautiful song you can SING along to.................................
...............................Good news that'll make you cry.......................................
.......................All the little things that money can't buy.......................
.....................................No wars, no more,............................
....................................just a big RAINBOW.................................

....................................outside my window................................

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just a list.

Everyone makes lists. I'm not much of a to-do list person, but have made several lists--long ones. There are a few main ones though. One being the what-I-want-in-my-future-husband list every young Mormon girl writes about 12 times, if not more. The other being a list of things to do before I die--my bucket list.

First, we have the obvious ones that are more like goals than anything:

Graduate from college
I am currently a business major looking to graduate in April of 2012. My emphasis is marketing. Very exciting.



Work for ESPN
This one isn't quite as likely as the first but my dream job is doing marketing for ESPN in New York City. Depending on how my life decides to go, I really want to do an internship with them the summer after I graduate. Sports marketing would be so very much fun.
Go on a mission
Whether it's when I'm 21 or when I'm old, I really want to serve a mission. I think serving as an elderly couple would be the coolest thing ever.

Have kids
Awww isn't he just the cutest thing? This is kind of a no-brainer one..of course I want to have kids. Probably four or five of them. Preferably more boys than girls and not more than one at a time. And because of that I'll probably get triplet girls. Twice. That would happen to me. However it happens, I just want kids like most other people in this world. But first...

Get married
...I have to get married. While everyone thought I'd get married as a freshman, I proved them all wrong and now there is heated debate about if I'll ever get married at all. :P just kidding. Kinda. But someday I do wanna get married. In the temple, of course. We'll see how long that takes. ;P

There are other things I want to do that maybe aren't quite as big but just make life that much more exciting (and I know, a lot of them are things that most everyone has done by 19 but hey, how many people can say they had chicken pox in Australia? That's what I thought. Don't judge):

Ride on a Ferris Wheel
I know, it's sad. I have never been on a Ferris Wheel in my entire life. Everyone tells me it's not even that great but still, everyone's been on one. A lot of it came from the movie "Charlie" which I absolutely love and a big part of it is the Ferris Wheel. I watched that movie with a good friend of mine in high school and he told me, after finding out that I'd never ridden one, that I'll probably never get the chance until I'm with the guy I'm gonna marry. I'd like to think that seeing as every time I've ever gone anywhere that has a Ferris Wheel it's always been out of service the day I'm there..


Go scuba diving/snorkeling
I kind of went snorkeling in DisneyWorld with some sharks and random fish but I don't think it really counts--we were in a big tank thing. And scuba diving would be sweet I think. I'd just have to make sure I remember to breathe..sometimes I struggle with that.
Dance in the pouring rain
I've danced in the rain before and I've been kissed in the rain before. Rain is just magical, let's be honest. But to dance in the pouring rain. Like ultimate downpour. That would be sweet. Let's be honest, I mostly just wanted to put this picture in my post.

Skydive
I just think it sounds like so much fun. I don't think could ever go alone but if I had someone with me I'd definitely be able to do it and I have a feeling that I'd really like it. And after doing it once I might not ever be able to do it again but that's the kinda thing you only need to do once. And I think it'd be best to do in some exotic place, yes? I think so.

Go to a concert
Unless you count classical concerts, which I don't, I have never really been to a real concert before. I've wanted to but whether I didn't have anyone to go with or didn't have the time, I've never had the chance. My dad took my sisters to Rascal Flatts a few years ago and I wanted to go so bad but it just didn't work out..bummer. I've had so many people tell me they were gonna take me or go with me but...fail. Never happened. Someday.

Climb to the top of a mountain
And I mean a big mountain. I've hiked little ones but I want to climb to the top of a big mountain. And those have pretty much just been Ensign Peak and then whatever we hike for girls' camp. So it's been a while. But seriously, I've never even hiked Timp or the "Y" and I live here. It needs to happen.



Go in a hot air balloon
I should've while I was in Florida since I worked like right next to one but never did..and even then that one was attached to the ground. It'd be fun to actually travel somewhere, even just a short distance, in a big, colorful balloon.
Ride a gondola in Venice
I've always wanted to go to Italy and this just seems like what you do there. Of course it would be so much better as a romantic activity, but whether I'm just by myself, with friends, or with a more-than-friend friend, I wanna go.

Ride a tandem bike
I just think it'd be fun. I actually saw someone riding one today..but they were alone so it kind of ruined the whole concept but I think it's so cute seeing couples on tandem bikes. Awwww...
Go on a cruise
I think going somewhere really exotic on a cruise would be so awesome. I've never been on a cruise but it sounds really fun. And I've heard they have lots of food on cruises..I like food. Some people that I know that have gone on cruises don't really like them but it seems like such a relaxing vacation..I dunno. It sounds like fun. At least to do once. If I could pick a cruise to go on it'd be the Disney Mediterranean Cruise. :D



Ride an elephant
I love elephants and riding one would just be really cool. That's all I have to say about that one.
Watch the sunrise
It seems like most people have watched the sunrise but I don't think I ever really have. Probably because I'm usually not somewhere where you can see it all that well and I'm usually doing other things and don't pay attention to where the sun is. And I'm not very patient either. But I want someone to sit me down and keep me company while I watch the sunrise. Watching it on the beach doesn't sound too bad either.
Learn how to wake board and/or surf
I know these are totally different activities but I've never learned how to do anything cool in the water. I've knee boarded like once and tubed plenty of times but I think it'd be cool to learn something a little harder..and a little more impressive.
Go skiing or snowboarding
I've lived in Utah for the last 7 years and have still never been. I don't think I've even ever been on a mountain that had snow on it. Yeah, sad. I couldn't tell you how many people have told me that they're going to take me but no one ever does. *cough cough* Bethany..
Catch a bouquet at a wedding
My sister didn't throw her bouquet at her wedding or I might have had a chance but I usually don't stick around at receptions long enough to see them throw the bouquet. It probably won't happen since I don't stay around for that part of the event but...it's all good. "i want to marry optimus prime." (comment by Geoff.)

Adopt from another country
I've watched several families in my home ward adopt from other countries and it seems like the coolest thing. I've also seen how stressful and difficult it can be, but I think it'd be so cool to be able to give some child a chance at a new life, one that isn't in a orphanage. 

So that's part of my bucket list. There's lots of other things like go to an NFL game, summer Olympic sporting event, and travel to lots of countries, but this was a sample. I'm pretty sure I have about 6 of these lists and I think one has over 100 things on it, but there's just a few. I'd better get started.

Outside my window: the Tanner Building. My second home away from home. Guys in shirts and ties? Yes please. Guys in suits? Yes please. I love my major ;)

*Just for future reference and the random information, my favorite thing ever is when guys wear nice, dark jeans with a button-down shirt. Ties add a nice touch to that ensemble. Just sayin..

No comments:

Post a Comment