......................You still need stars when you're wishin' at night..................
...............................A best friend to set you right,..............................
.................................a
good laugh, a warm bath,......................
..........................And a beautiful song you can SING along to.................................
...............................Good news that'll make you cry.......................................
.......................All the little things that money can't buy.......................
.....................................No wars, no more,............................
....................................just a big RAINBOW.................................

....................................outside my window................................

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just Keep Swimming...

So I'm wondering what kind of person puts an empty ice cube tray in the freezer. I got back from a wonderful run and went to get a nice cup of water and as I pulled out the ice tray...empty. Silly roommate, whoever you are. I still love you. :D

I'm sitting here, waiting for Economics to start, so excited that I only have to come one more time that I could probably write a song about it. The only bad thing would be if I possibly don't pass this class and I have to retake it. That would be death. I might even shed tears. *gasp* My reading days will be almost entirely devoted to economics. And it will probably be the death of me. Luckily this is the only final that I'm extremely concerned about. Other than this class and possibly Biology I have some pretty solid grades. I just have to keep going and stick it out for 3 more days of class and a week of finals...almost done, almost done...just..keep..swimming...

They keep changing the names of all of the classes I'm taking, or at least the numbers. I'm taking a 100 level religion class and then all of my other classes are 300 classes. So I kind of skipped the 200s somewhere in there. I'll go from first-year freshman to sophomore, junior, and senior within 4 semesters. Crazy. But oh so exciting. :) I'm getting old I've decided, and it's weird, but like my roommate said today, "it's like life is finally starting!" or something along those lines. We stayed up talking way too late last night and I was in bed for over 2 hours before I finally fell asleep. I was planning on getting to sleep early but that didn't happen because I couldn't fall asleep and so I gave up and started talking. And then I still couldn't sleep so I had this weird idea that maybe if I flipped around it'd help. So I took my bedding and flipped it around and put my head where my feet typically go and I was out in 5 minutes...? Don't really know why but it was pretty cool. And I had some really interesting dreams about being chased and running into some really attractive guy...:P

I had such a productive day with my Beff today. (In case anybody hasn't heard it about 6billion times, her brother is getting married.) Love you Beth. :P We got a lot of fabulous things for our condo in the fall. And jamba juice because ColdStone wasn't open. I will miss shopping and ColdStone with my dear friend..there aren't too many downsides to this summer, but that is definitely one of them. But - once I get back it means we will be out of the dorms, only cramming food for 4 in the fridge and larger supply of cupboard space, and there will be 2 bathrooms. Oh how I can't wait until this semester is over.

It is finally getting nice outside. Give me weather about 5 degrees warmer and take away the wind and I'd be in heaven right about now. And it's been so nice this week because I've had a car. Unfortunately that leaves today as I drive by myself to the airport to pick up my daddy and then lose the car when he drops me back off. Oh well. I'm actually kind of looking forward to the drive..I like long drives and the chance to just think and listen to music. :) 

I've been so lucky with parking this week. I've gone to park my car and there have been no parking spots every time I try to find one. So I always go park either somewhere illegal while I drop stuff off or in the 15- or 30-minute parking areas and then come back to move it and every time I have gone back right as a close spot has opened up. It has been amazing. Gotta love those little mercies that can make your mood so much better. :)

17 days to Florida

Outside my window there is some beautiful sunshine and through the trees some off-campus housing that is looking so good right about now..

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay it works!!! Oh and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't shed a tear... BUT if you did then I would definitely comfort you :) Oh and dreams with attractive men... those are the only kinds of dreams to have ;)

    ReplyDelete