......................You still need stars when you're wishin' at night..................
...............................A best friend to set you right,..............................
.................................a
good laugh, a warm bath,......................
..........................And a beautiful song you can SING along to.................................
...............................Good news that'll make you cry.......................................
.......................All the little things that money can't buy.......................
.....................................No wars, no more,............................
....................................just a big RAINBOW.................................

....................................outside my window................................

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grin and Bear it.

So lately my life has just been lots of work. Which is really good--I may actually earn money this summer. :P But I've missed playing in the parks and being with my roommates.With my job there are a lot of interesting co workers and a lot more interesting guests. Every day is what you make it--and whether or not it's good or bad is totally up to the individual. Yesterday was a perfect example.

The first thing I did when I got into work was find the manager on duty and explain to him that I was about to get paid more than I should for last week as the hours on the computer somehow showed that I was to be paid about 3 hours that I hadn't worked. And it didn't show up on my record card so I totally could've gotten away with getting the extra money but decided to be an honest person. So that was good. I worked register, which is almost always a good thing, but it was so crazy busy. We had some problems and I ended up being cut short a break and then worked an hour and forty-five minutes longer than scheduled when a manager asked if I'd extend because they needed the extra help. So I did and missed out on getting a ride home and had to take the bus but it was fine. So it wasn't a great day, especially after 11 when I was supposed to be going home...but during the day I decided I was going to make it the best I could. It was probably the best guest interaction I've ever created. And I had some amazing guests and they made my day so great. A few moments made me smile so big. Some people can just have that effect. So while the night ended up being pretty yuck, I made my day great. And I got a good service fanatic card from a manager for being fantastic. :P We'll see how I hold up today haha.

I love being at work and actually knowing most of the people I work with. It's been so much more fun at work not going into the break room wondering if I'm going to be all alone and awkward in a corner by myself. The missionaries in the ward are really pushing us to get people to church. It's pretty hard since everyone's working all the time. I've given out a Book of Mormon and invited people to come to church but the lack of interest and time is making it really super difficult. I have found out here that I really do love telling people about my religion though. It's been a great blessing and I just hope that maybe someday some of it will bring someone to church. It's something I missed out on as I mostly grew up in Utah where basically everyone's a member--I really like being away from the bubble and being able to help people understand that being mormon shouldn't be associated with "Big Love" or the Amish.

That's pretty much it for now. Just a lot of work. Next week my aunt, uncle, and their kids are coming to play so that will be fun. They are my only visitors for the summer.

Outside my window: the garbage truck that wakes me up every morning that sounds like it's blowing up the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment